Atlanta has numerous parks. In South Fulton, there is no shortage. One of the best things about living in South Fulton is that you don’t have to go far to enjoy nice parks and playgrounds. There are quite a few right here in our backyard.
- Perkerson Park This is where the Atlanta Beltine meets South Fulton. It’s a nice spacious park, with basketball and tennis courts. Great place to take the kids to the playground and splash pad. You can have hours of fun on the playground and with water play and the kids will not want to ever leave. 770 Deckner Ave SW, Atlanta, GA 30310, Hours 6am-11pm
- Barrett Park This little gem is across the street from Woodard Academy Primary school. It’s a great neighborhood park. This is the park you go to if you want to walk the track and still be able to keep an eye on your children. The kids will love riding their, bikes, skates, and scooters along the trail as well. Perfect if you want to open field to play football, frisbee, soccer, or just fly a kite. It features playgrounds and a tennis court. 201 W Walker Ave, College Park, Ga 30337, 6am-Dusk
- Welcome All Park. This favorite offers a newly renovated playground and basketball court. The playground reminds you of a giant spider web. The children will enjoy climbing, jumping and spinning. There are covered pavilions that can be rented for family outings. If the outdoors is too much for you, you can enjoy Fulton County’s only indoor pool. 4255 Will Lee Rd, Atlanta, GA 30349, 10am-8pm
- Ronald Bridges Park. This one is in the heart of Union City. Spacious park, with track, basketball court, and playground. This summer the park will host several Movies at Dark shows. 5825 Lakeside Dr, Union City, GA 30291, 8am-8pm
- Clarence Duncan Park. For the last three years, this park has been going through constant renovations. Now the upgrades are complete and this park has become the jewel of South Fulton. Duncan Park has all the attractions that Perkerson, Barrett, Welcome All, and Ronald Bridges put together. Whether you want to play basketball, tennis, baseball or football, it’s all here. If you want to fish, run or walk, it’s all here. The hot spot for this summer is the pool. It’s now open! 6000 Rivertown Rd, Fairburn, GA 30213, 6am-8pm