An Oasis In the Middle of South Fulton’s Busy Cascade Rd
Patrick and Cindy Tingling had a vision to create a one stop beauty shop where the client could receive multiple services all at one location. Patrick oversaw the construction of the 3500 square ft space back when there were mostly trees lining what is now a bustling thoroughfare. The vision was realized and D’Lor Salon and Spa was created. This boutique salon offers services for hair and nails as well as massage services. Just in case you, like me, had passed D’Lor a hundred times and had no idea of the level and quality of the services that they offer, I’m offering this list. Find out what their clients have known for 10 years!
10 Things You Might Not Know About the D’Lor Salon and Spa
1. Cindy makes and sells her own products, JC 24seven including Invigorating Scalp Conditioner alongside other brands such as Design Essentials, Collin, Redken and S Factor.
2. The salon houses a nonsurgical hair restoration center, complete with laser treatments to revitalize blocked follicles and thicken thin and damaged crowns and edges (Come by for a free consultation in November.)
3. Ace has magic hands and over seven years of experience as a massage therapist. Make your appointment now because he’s the lead therapist and the most requested.
4. The Salon and Spa features rainsoft water. The purifying system removes all chlorine and impurities from the water and prevents split ends, leaving hair with extra shine particularly after chemical treatments.
5. A full day of beauty including makeup, brow to bikini waxing, and detox treatments for the feet are available. Check out the buy 5 services, get one free special!
6. According to Stylist Hillary, you don’t want to miss out on a Hydration Steam Treatment, which “adds moisture and strength to hair. It provides an even deeper condition.”
7. Janel is the “Jane of all trades:” at once a massage therapist, RN, nail technician for natural nails (specializing in gel and shellac and pedicures for diabetics) and selects both classic and trendy jewelry for the Agape line that is available in the boutique-like reception area. They also have a wide selection of purses.
8. There’s a full sauna, wet and dry, to complete the full day spa experience. D’Lor Salon and Spa offers a completely luxurious day spa experience including robes, slippers, tea and spa water. When I was there, it was cucumber lemon and it was delicious. The personal touches take your day of beauty to the next level, one to which chain massage places cannot begin to compare.
9. The Manager Kim knows everything! She has over 14 years with D’Lor. Ask her about gift sets and gift certificates for the perfect package gift for your mom, spouse or even a treat for yourself!
10. The salon makes patient wig and nonsurgical hair replacements for cancer survivors.
D’Lor Salon and Spa is celebrating its 10th anniversary and Patrick says he wouldn’t dare do business anywhere but South Fulton. It’s truly amazing that all of this is available right here on the Cascade exit. Cindy, with over 15 years of experience, stated that the difference is that they are a prescription salon, making specific suggestions for the needs of each client. A shining beacon in our own community, Susan Taylor of Essence once called the Salon and Spa “the number one all-inclusive spa and salon in Atlanta,” and it’s right here in our community.
After my visit, I left my day of beauty and mini mommy vacay (Self-care is so necessary. You can’t pour from an empty cup.) at once energized and relaxed, rejuvenated from my expert deep tissue massage. Here was an OASIS in the middle of the busy day. I left my long commute and the stress that comes with juggling work and family life behind. I’ll be looking into the monthly subscription. I LOVED IT! Stop in and let the D’Lor family know that #SouthFultonLifestyle sent you!