Author, Motivational Speaker and Reinvention Strategist for Women
Background: Where are you from? How long have you been in South Fulton?
- I grew up in the North Dallas suburbs and lived in Washington DC for 5 years before I relocated to Atlanta to begin my legal career. I’ve lived in Atlanta for 13 years and in South Fulton for almost 4 years. Atlanta feels like the baby that Dallas and DC would birth so it’s been a perfect fit for me, my entrepreneurial endeavors and also my love for the outdoors!
Education and Training
- I studied political science and criminal justice in college at Texas Christian University where I graduated magna cum laude with honors and distinction. I got my law degree from Georgetown University Law Center. I thought I was going to be Attorney General of the United States one day, but I’m so grateful that I’ve been able to allow my law degree to be an incubator for greater possibilities.
- I’m a serial entrepreneur! I run the largest business coaching company for women of faith in the country – SHE Profits. We help women to increase their income and influence while also upgrading their spiritual resilience. In addition to the companies I own, I’m also a professional speaker, a TV personality and author of two book: Skirts in the Boardroom and Believe Bigger: Discover the Path to Your Life Purpose
- I enjoy traveling the globe and changing lives with my husband Jack. We’re both Atlanta immigrants that have decided to make Atlanta home.
Passion/What motivates you:
- I’m most motivated by possibility and unlocking potential in others. In my new book Believe Bigger, I challenge readers to press past personal limits, to elevate thinking and to step out of the comfort zone to enter the glory zone. Seeing others experience more of what they’re hoping for – more love, heath, joy or wealth – is priceless.
Hobbies/interesting fact no one knows about you:
- I am was a competitive baton twirler growing up and competed at international competitions. Training is expensive and it was very rare to see other brown girls in the sport. Also, I’m legally blind in my left-eye so I had to work harder than most. But, I went on to be the featured twirler in college and also won the talent competition where I represented our nation’s capitol as Miss District of Columbia finishing 3rd Runner up at Miss America in 2001.
- It’s an original quote – “A woman’s place is anywhere God sends her.”
A former sports attorney, Miss America finalist, and competitor on The Apprentice, Marshawn left a high-powered law firm and turned her passion for people into a multimillion-dollar enterprise. Appearing regularly on CNN, Fox Business, and ESPN, her clients range from Rolls Royce, HPE, Nike, Home Depot, and Ernst & Young to everyday dreamers seeking to find their voice and maximize their potential.
Named Woman Entrepreneur of the Year by the Atlanta Business League, she is a graduate of Georgetown University Law Center and is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court. She is also a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, a Harry S. Truman scholar, and a former US Ambassador to the International Summit of Achievement in Dublin, Ireland. Marshawn is passionate about purpose, futurist thinking, manifestation, entrepreneurship, and traveling the globe with her husband Jack.
Join the movement at Marshawn.com and get the new book at BelieveBigger.com.
- Marshawn Evans Daniels is a reinvention strategist and life coach mentoring women around the world to live bolder in life and business. As a serial entrepreneur, TV personality, creator of the Godfidence® movement and founder of SHE Profits®, she helps women turn ideas into income and inspiration into action.