A Simple Refreshing Drink that You Can Make to Beat the Heat from Mixologist at the Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway
This drink is a refreshing, easy-to-make drink to beat the summer heat. I decided to share a basil peach lemon drop martini or what I like to call a “Georgia Summer.”
I’m from Ghana, West Africa. Culturally, we use ginger for many things. The spritz of ginger beer at the end is a tribute to my heritage, a nice refreshing twist to a traditional martini.
1. I’ve been to five out of the seven continents.
2. My favorite country that I’ve traveled to so far was Australia. It was beautiful and the people were so friendly and welcoming.
The Georgia Summer Martini Recipe
- 2 oz Absolut citron
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 0.5 oz simple syrup
- 0.5 oz peach purée
- A couple leaves of basil
- A lemon wheel slice (Decoration)
- Martini shaker
- Muddler or pestle
- Take a few pieces of the basil, the leaves and place into martini shaker
- Use pestle to muddle the basil by pressing the pestle into the shaker and coarsely moving it against the basil in the bottom of the shaker
- Pour all of the liquid ingredients into the shaker on top of the muddled basil
- Add ice and shake continuously until most of the ice dissolves (no longer feeling the ice clinking in the shaker—nice bicep exercise)
- Grab chilled martini glass
- Dip the rim of the martini glass into the sugar to coat it
- Strain liquid ingredients from the martini shaker into the sugar rim coated martini glass
- Add a spritz of ginger beer
- Garnish with a basil leaf and a lemon wheel slice.
· “Knowledge is power and Information is liberating” – Kofi Annan