SFL writer Maria Smith Attended the Grand Opening & Found It to Be a Fantastic Place for the Whole Family
Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is now open! Toy Story Land, the newest addition to Disney World, is inspired by Pixar Animation Studios’ Toy Story films.
Here’s five secrets about the newest addition to the Disney Parks!
1. Get your fast passes now! Toy Story Land opened on June 30 and it’s busy! If you have tickets and resort reservations, you can schedule fast passes up to 60 days in advance. (It’s up to 30 days in advance if you’re staying offsite.) This is one of the most crowded areas in Disney World, so plan ahead!
2. There are several new attractions. Toy Story Land includes two new attractions and an updated one. Slinky Dog Dash is a family-friendly yet thrilling roller coaster. Alien Swirling Saucers is a fun, updated Tilt-a-Whirl-type attraction. Toy Story Mania received a facelift and a new amusing entrance.
3. Toy Story Land inspires imagination…even in teens! In Toy Story Land, Woody, Jessie, Buzz Lightyear and other fun Toy Story characters come to life in the most colorful setting. Check it out at night for an even cooler feel. Make sure your teens look for the Green Army Drum Corps marching through, as they engage guests in their interactive boot camp!
4. Try the new food options. Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land serves unique items like s’mores French toast, hazelnut “lunch box” tarts, and the surprisingly addictive Totchos Tater Tot Nachos. Plus, they sell adult beverages!
5. Get ready for the adorable merchandise. Prepare for some lovable new collectibles and unique gifts at two merchandise carts. Favorites include the small-scale replicas of the attraction vehicles, colorful Slinky Dog headbands, and bubble-blowing Buzz Lightyear. Toy Story Land allows guests of all ages to be honorary toys, a delightful addition to Disney World!